This week the BBC reported on the rising number of thefts and in particular the amount of unsolved cases regarding bicycle theft.
Here at SecureFix Direct we are keen cyclists and enjoy nothing more than a summer bike ride on either a bicycle or motorcycle.
We take the security of our pride and joys seriously and demand the best to keep them safe.
So what can we do to keep our bicycle or motorcycle safe?
- If out lock it up in a well-lit public place to deter thieves due to number of potential witnesses.
- Keep the lock off the ground and through the frame to prevent a sledgehammer being used.
- Get you bike marked so it can be recognised if stolen, this itself is a deterrent.
- If possible take anything removable with you (lights, saddle, wheel, gps etc)
- If at home use a chain and padlock as well as a Standard D lock or wire lock to provide double protection.
- If possible, use a ground anchor to secure it to the ground.
- Always ensure that it can’t be lifted off the object you secure it to.
- Always lock the bike via the frame, as the wheels may easily be removed.
Here at SecureFix Direct we have a huge range of security items to help keep your bicycle/motorcycle safe. From concrete-in u bolts to give you a ground anchor through to security chains, locking cables and padlocks. We may just have something to suit every situation.
If you follow the tips above it may just help keep your pride and joy safe and sound awaiting your return.
We hope you found this blog informative and get enjoying these summer nights.
#security #secure #motorcycle #protection #cycling